paulclee.me is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
paulclee.me may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and email address.
- Information about your computer or device including IP address, location, type of browser, and operating system and device.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- If you contact us by email you will provide us with your name and email address. We cannot respond to your enquiry without this information. We do not collect this information on our website and ask that when you email us you do not give us any personal information that we do not explicitly ask for.
- IP Address and browser information can be used to help keep our website secure and prevent fraud. It is possible that this information may be logged temporarily.
How long is this data kept
- Personal information that we collect in order to provide you with a service, e.g. to answer an enquiry, is kept for as long as is necessary to provide this service, or for as long as the contract between us is valid.
- Personal information provided to us for purchases has to be kept for legal reasons for accounting purposes.
- Any tracking data is stored anonymously and deleted after 14 months.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our website has an SSL certificate installed and is served encrypted over https. Any data sent to us over this connection is secure.
The security plugins in use on this website prevent spam robots, and hackers from overloading the website or gaining unauthorised entry. It is possible that on occasion your IP address and browser information may be logged by this system.
The plugins used on this website for this purpose are:
Bulletproof Security: there is a 1% chance that your visit could be logged. These logs are not stored in the database but in a file stored securely on the server, which is deleted once it reaches 250k in size. There is no reason for this personal information to be processed or tracked back to you. More information about Bulletproof’s GDPR compliance can be found here: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bps-gdpr-compliance/
Bad Behavior: prevents spam and scrapers from overloading the website. There is a small chance that this plugin will log your IP address and browser information. This is stored in a log file and deleted after 7 days. There is no reason for this information to be processed or tracked back to you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The cookies in use on this website are:
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you email us take care about what personal information you are providing to us.
- You can ask us at any time to remove any personal information we hold about you, apart from information we must legally retain for example, purchases. Please email your request to email@example.com
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection legislation. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.